Monday, January 21, 2008

It's a girl!

INTRODUCING.........

Ruby Alice Abbott
Born, 13th of January 2008 at 2:30am.
6 Pound 14 Ounces
48.5cm long
34cm head circ.

To view my album, click on the photo

Gosh I'm cute!!!

Well this post is well over due, we have been home almost a week now and have so much to post about.

Lets start with my first day.......the day before really

Mummy's waters broke at 2pm in the afternoon and due to her having the Strep B infection Daddy had to take mummy straight to the hospital so that she could get an IV in her arm so that antibiotics could be given to her every 4 hours. As the contractions hadn't started yet the doctors told mummy that they would have to induce her to get things moving (which would mean labouring on her back in bed), mummy cried and asked the doctors if she and Daddy could leave it an hour to see what would happen. Mummy and Daddy went for a walk and did a few natural things that they had read about to bring contractions on (really they were hiding from the doctors).

When they were walking outside the hospital Mummy and Daddy found their first visitors, Great Granny and Great Grandpa had come to see me....but they had a long wait, so Mummy sent them to see Aunty Emma, Uncle Jamie and big cousin Isabelle.

While Mummy was organising her visitors her contractions started getting closer together and by 7pm were in full swing. At 9pm Mummy and Daddy were taken to the Birth Suite and mummy had her first internal examination and found out she was 5 -6cm dilated.

All Mummy wanted to do was be in the shower with hot water on her back, cause that is where she was getting all the pain. So Daddy sat with Mummy in the shower and held the hose on Mummy until 1:30am when Midwife Marnie came to check my heart rate, give Mummy more antibiotics and do another internal. Midwife Marnie told Mummy that she should be having 4 contractions every 10mins and Mummy was only having 2 (a little disheartening for Mummy) but when Midwife Marnie did the Internal, there I was waiting to come out.

After a few pushes my head came only a little way down and Midwife Marnie told Mummy that I had to come soon or they would have to get me out. Mummy was really clever and got my head out soon after. The midwife's were a little concerned as I had pooed on the way out, but I hadn't taken any in (Daddy got to go with me when they tried to clear my nose and throat). Not long after my head came, I was born into the world. Mummy got to catch me (due to the way she was birthing) and held on tightly to me until Midwife Marnie asked her if she was going to see if I was a boy or a girl. Daddy was sure I was a boy just from looking at my big hands and feet (I get them from him) but he was wrong. Daddy also got the job of cutting my cord.

We spent 2 days at the hospital and came home on the Tuesday, we had lots of visitors at the hospital but my worst night (for mummy) was the first night when I just wouldn't settle after seeing my new family and friends all day. All poor Mummy wanted to do was sleep. The nasty midwife sent Daddy home cause he fell asleep in Mummy's bed.

This week I have been to see Mummy's doctor where we both had a check up (everybody is perfect), been to visit Great Granny and Great Grandpa - where I shit all over their carpet and all over Daddy (for the third time this week) - Mummy was a bit cranky that day - and I have been on two shopping trips - I slept through both.

Mummy's milk came in on Thursday and Daddy changed her name to Jordan that day. He thought it was very funny but Mummy looked like she was in a lot of pain and kept waking me for feeds (I think she was leaking).

Grandma Dianne and Grandpa Lindsay have been staying with us all week. Mummy likes to give me to Grandma when she needs to sleep. They have gone back to their home at the beach today, I am sure Mummy is going to miss them. I have also been to see Great Grandma Alice today, she didn't want to give me back to Mummy but gee she is comfy to sleep on.

This week we are going to see the Nurse at the chemist to get weighed and checked. Mummy thinks I have put on a heap of weight due to all the eating I have been doing..........we will keep you posted.........

No comments: