Monday, January 7, 2008

Does anybody else think my belly has dropped???

Today is baby's due date and just about everyone is ringing, texting, emailing or dropping by to see how I'm going. Unfortunately, I have nothing to report. Bubba has stopped wriggling around - I guess it has finally run out of room - and at the last hospital visit it's heart rate had dropped down to 120 beats, when it had been up around 160/140 for most of the pregnancy. Otherwise, I'm not getting any of the pre-labour symptoms nor am I at the "over it" stage. I don't think we are going to be in the 5% that arrive on their estimated due date.

We tried a few things yesterday to bring baby on (bumpy car rides etc) so that baby could celebrate it's birthday with Aunty Gai and so that Roger didn't have to go to work today - but no go :( The hospital will let me go until the 17th of January before they start talking induction, hopefully baby won't take after it's father, who came 3 weeks late.

2 comments:

porsha said...

i was going to email you to see if anything was going on, but i figure i wont now! don't want to add to the list.

Anonymous said...

would you just have the bloody thing? I am sick of waiting.

out out damn baby!